Error 126 on Windows 8 -- Tweaks to Deal with Loadlibrary Error
Loadlibrary error 126 appears when you are attempting to launch a game, an OpenGL application, VirtualBox or Adobe tools. This error occurs in all versions of Windows, however, we shall discuss about tweaks to deal with Loadlibrary error 126 on Windows 8 64-bit. This type of error normally occurs due to AMD Catalyst.
Your System: Windows, English?
Compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista.
File size: 2.04MB
Correct Registry Entry
Loadlibrary error 126 on Windows 8 normally occurs due to incorrect registry entry related to AMD Radeon graphics driver or other application. Follow the procedure given below to correct Registry Entry.
- Open Registry Editor
- Navigate to : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\”Registry Entry”
Note: please note that Registry Entry would be combination of digits and numbers. For Example, 4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000
- Most likely it would “OpenGLVendorName”.
- To fix this problem you need to copy following registry settings and paste in notepad file.
Update Device Drivers
Loadlibrary error 126 in Windows 8 surely occurs due to AMD devices. Surprisingly there are three ways to update device drivers in Windows 8.
- Find the name of Vendor, visit official site and download driver. Before you start downloading driver, make sure whether it supports Windows 8 or not. If not, just wait for update from vendor.
- If you are unsure about brand name of device, just download some driver scanner utility. Again make sure you are downloading utility that is compatible with Windows 8.
- Get AMD Driver AutoDetect. This tool would automatically detect incorrect driver and would give you option to download latest one. Follow the link given below.
Once Windows 8 is installed on your machine, it certainly would throw LoadLibrary error 126 because of incompatibility issues. On 64-bit operating system, follow the instructions given below.
- Open command prompt with Admin (of course)
- Type cd /d C:/Windows/SysWOW64
C refers to installation directory.
- Once you are in C:/Windows/SysWOW64
- Type “copy atioglxx.dll .dll” Press Enter
- Wait for message “One File Copied”
- Get out of Command prompt.
Change Compatibility of Installed Driver
Loadlibrary error 126 definitely occurs due to ATI drivers because Windows 8 is recently released and it's difficult for users to get all Windows 8 drivers. Just try using drivers in compatibility mode to solve the problem using instructions given below.
- If you can’t locate Windows 8 compatible driver for certain device, download one from ATI official site. Make sure driver is at least compatible with Windows 7 which will also avoid error 126 Windows 7.
- After downloading Windows 7 compatible driver, right click on its EXE file.
- Select Properties | Click on Compatibility tab.
- Check the box “run in compatibility mode”
- Select Operating System.
Register again the DLL File:
Register again the respective DLL file will fix the error code 126. You can re-register it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press Start and Open Run Box
- Type Regsvr32.exe Msstdfmt.dll command
- Click ENTER
- This solution will be fruitful for you to fix error 126 Windows 7
Delete Registry entry related to SQL Server:
126 error can occur because of broken SQL server’s registry entry. You can fix code 126 error by deleting this registry entry.
- Press Start and Open Run Box
- Type RegEdit in the Run Box and press ENTER
- Find the registry key given below:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\SQL Serverv
- Furthermore, find any registry key which refers to C:\Windows\System32\sqlsrv32.dll file
- When you found that registry entry; right click it, select Delete option and Confirm the change
- Now close Registry Editor and you have fixed Windows error 126.
Uninstall and reinstall the concerned program:
The error 126 pop up while opening a specific program/application can be reinstalled through Control Panel. So, reinstall the specific program/application to fix error code 126. The steps to uninstall and reinstall the concerned program/application are given below:
- Press Start and open Control Panel
- Press Programs and select Uninstall a Program
- Select the concerned program and press Uninstall button
- Follow the on-screen instructions and reboot system
- Now reinstall the concerned program
- You can get rid of error 126 for sure by applying this solution